Re: White-crowned sparrows left last night

Jaan Lepson

It seems that the Pine Siskins have also left. I was hearing many yesterday at home and in Robertson Park, but none today.  As Dave noted with the WCSP, they seemed to be increasing in their numbers - until there were no more.

Jaan Lepson
Livermore

On Apr 13, 2021, at 11:59, David Yeamans <davidralphyeamans@...> wrote:

As anticipated a sudden departure of white-crowned sparrows occurred last night. Evidence is from my limited feeding station and from Sycamore Grove Park. None were there whereas the day before there were scores, in fact an increasing concentration right up to this morning.

At my siskin-limiting feeding balcony the sparrows would eat 6 cut grapes in the morning and six in the afternoon (I let the food run out for a few hours in between seatings). They did not clean up the 1/4 cup of dove/qual mix nor even touch the 20cc thistle seed. Happy hunting little migrants.
Dave Yeamans

If you see bad, do good.