Re: Cedar Waxwings in the Berkeley Hills

Doris

Today as I was driving on the Arlington in Richmond, I saw two flocks of Cedar Waxwings (about 25 in each flock) within a minute or two of each other.  I stopped when I saw the second flock, got my binoculars out of my car trunk, and watched them as they perched on a power line.  I heard their high-pitched sounds. In a minute or two, they flew off.

Doris Lopez

On 4/13/2021 4:09 PM, Claude Lyneis wrote:
In the last month or two, I have briefly caught sight of small bfocks of Cedar Waxwings in the Berkeley Hills several times. Today as I returned home from a walk in the hills, they appeared on a power line about 4 houses from ours.  I had time to get home, grab my camera and amazingly the 20 birds were still neatly perched on the wires. During my walk I had seen a flock of about 100 flying together, almost like a murmuration.

Link to Flickr Photo.  https://flic.kr/p/2kSN8Cf