Red-breasted Nuthatch - Antioch yard - 4/10

Paul Schorr

This morning, while Nancy and I were having our coffee on the patio and watching the small flock of about twenty-five American Goldfinches at our feeders, we heard the very distinctive call of a Red-breasted Nuthatch. The bird was very likely in our neighbor’s redwood trees, but to our disappointment, it never made an appearance. In addition to the American Goldfinches, we also had Lesser Goldfinches, House Finches and a few Pine Siskins at the feeders. The American Goldfinches are absolutely stunning in their alternate plumage. They look like they jumped off of a painted wall calendar.

Happy Birding.

Paul Schorr

Antioch