Re: Western Kingbird eating an insect

Claude Lyneis

Teale :   Tropical Kingbird or Western Kingbird?  Here are two photos showing the breast and tail feathers.  I look forward to hearing the outcome.

I learn a photo at a time and it is fun to find out even when wrong on the first go around.

Claude

On Apr 6, 2021, at 5:32 PM, Teale Fristoe <fristoe@gmail.com> wrote:

Claude,

I think you have a Tropical Kingbird there. If you have any other photos, especially if they show the breast (which is pale gray on a Western and yellowish on a Tropical) or the undertail (which is uniform brown on Tropical and black with white outer feathers on Western), I encourage you to post them.

Cheers,
Teale

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 5:25 PM Claude Lyneis <cmlyneis@...> wrote:
April 6.  I was at Arrowhead Marsh around noon today and spotted a Yellow Bird that didn’t match any in my photo list.  It was hoping around in a tree eating something.

The most instructive photo showing that it is a Western Kingbird with an insect is in the link below.