Pine Siskins today, Snowy Plovers yesterday

Jerry Britten

This morning there are seemingly hundreds of Pine Siskins in the newly-leafed oaks around my house.  The noise they are making is quite impressive.  Also, red-tailed hawks are nesting on our property this year, for the first time I know about.  This means the red-shouldered hawks that usually nest are probably not going to be tolerated.

Yesterday 3/31 I saw 2 snowy plovers at Clifton Court Forebay.  As originally reported to eBird by Srikant Char, who saw 1 on 3/30, they were near the 7.5 mile marker not too far from the parking lot.  Ebird checklist with some photos here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S84492171

Jerry Britten
Morgan Territory