Re: Pt. Richmond - Hermit Thrush and Golden-crowned Kinglet

mbstern2

Hi Melani and Lawrence,

I just checked the Mt. Diablo Breeding Bird Atlas of the late 1990's for Hermit Thrush. There is one report of breeding in a small section of Redwood Regional Park, but only a single sighting of a nesting Hermit Thrush at  that time.
    At my home in Lafayette along the Las Trampas Creek we have had several Hermit Thrushes hanging about for the winter, which is typical, but have never had a nesting pair.

I hope this is of some use to you.

Maury Stern

On Sunday, March 21, 2021, 2:45:17 PM PDT, Lawrence DiCostanzo <lawrence.dicostanzo@...> wrote:

Hi, Melani. I live in Albany, and this week I saw a hermit thrush in my backyard. This is the first sighting I’ve had of a thrush in a really really long time. I wonder if the fact that I took down the birdfeeder because of the salmonella epidemic, means that other kinds of birds besides finches, etc.  don’t feel as “crowded” in the garden.

Lawrence