Re: Problematic ID Lincoln's Sparrow at Pacific Commons 2021-03-04

David Yeamans

Thank you for your expert help. I have changed the ID on my checklist to reflect the truth.

Dave Yeamans

That is best for us which is best for our souls. [Matthew Henry]

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 7:04 PM Alvaro Jaramillo <chucao@...> wrote:

David

   That is a Swamp Sparrow, the really rusty wings, bold triangular post ocular, and lack of crisp streaking below seal the ID. The two species are very similar as juveniles, but that only lasts for a very short time after fledging. At this time of year they are readily separable. Nice find!

Alvaro

Alvaro Jaramillo

alvaro@...

www.alvarosadventures.com