Re: Problematic ID Lincoln's Sparrow at Pacific Commons 2021-03-04

Alexander Henry

That’s a Swamp Sparrow! Great bird! (Though maybe not quite as good as that Vesper you found at Mines Road?)

Great Common Gallinule shot too.

On Thursday, March 4, 2021, David Yeamans <davidralphyeamans@...> wrote:
In this checklist    https://ebird.org/checklist/S82749997     I included two photos of a sparrow I have called Lincoln's sparrow. It could be mistaken for a swamp sparrow given that Sibley says the two as immatures are nearly indistinguishable from one another. The other option I considered and rejected was white-throated sparrow. I'm seeking opinions. Offline responses are welcome.

dy

--
Alex Henry