Re: Problematic ID Lincoln's Sparrow at Pacific Commons 2021-03-04

Teale Fristoe

Dave,

This bird looks great for a Swamp Sparrow to me. Nice find!

Teale Fristoe
Berkeley

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 6:50 PM David Yeamans <davidralphyeamans@...> wrote:
In this checklist    https://ebird.org/checklist/S82749997     I included two photos of a sparrow I have called Lincoln's sparrow. It could be mistaken for a swamp sparrow given that Sibley says the two as immatures are nearly indistinguishable from one another. The other option I considered and rejected was white-throated sparrow. I'm seeking opinions. Offline responses are welcome.

dy