Eurasian (Common) Teal, Richmond Bay Trail

Sheila Dickie

A Eurasian (Common) Teal was seen in the Stege Marsh along the Richmond Bay trail at 1:30 p m. Today, February 10.  The teal was associating with a few Green-winged Teal and a Northern Pintail and seen by me and Inger Coble. The birds flew and we're not refound. They were on the east side of the trail at low tide

The teal had a very distinctive horizontal white stripe and no vertical bar.

Stege Marsh is between the Meeker Slough bridge and the 51st Street path.
Directly behind the marsh are the Richmond Field Station and Zeneca Superfund site.

Also seen two Ridgways Rails. One at the 51st Street Bridge and one slightly to the north on the east side of the trail.

Sheila Dickie
Richmond