Re: Black Skimmers on Bay outside Richmond Marina

Ethan Monk

You beat me to it... yesterday at 930 am there was also a Skimmer (presumably one of the pair) on Brooks Island just East of the Heron Rookery. Photos in eBird soon. Presumably they will behave like last year and return to Brooks to roost at random and unpredictable hours.

Ethan Monk

On Jan 31, 2021, at 3:40 PM, Lee Friedman <lfried6@...> wrote:

Yesterday (Saturday 1/30) at around 4:30PM, I was treated to the delightful sight of two Black Skimmers plying the waters along the Bay's coast from the Richmond Marina entrance down to Shimada Park and back again. I was standing at Vincent Park looking out at the Bay side. They may have been heading towards Brooks Island as a resting spot.

Good birding,
Lee Friedman