Re: Mallard hybrid at Meeker Slough

Melani King

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I’m going to change my eBird report to Mallard (Domestic) for this one.

I do think it’s a pretty duck!

-Melani King
Pt. Richmond

On Jan 30, 2021, at 8:59 PM, Hilary Powers <hilary@...> wrote:

On 1/30/2021 6:58 PM, Melani King wrote:
Today I saw a Mallard hybrid while birding Meeker Slough in Richmond. Does anyone have any idea what this mallard has hybridized with? Photo is on my eBird report.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S80164267

That russet chestnut is interesting - but I'd be surprised if it's anything but a domestic Mallard mashup.... There are so many many possibilities.

~            Hilary Powers - Hilary@... - Oakland CA          ~
~  www.salamanderfeltworks.com; www.Etsy.com/shop/SalamanderFeltworks ~
~         Needle Felted Sculpture - Real and Fantasy Creatures        ~