Gallinule?

Rosemary Johnson

Went back to take a quick look at the bird in question.

Yesterday it was swimming on its own in a shadowed part of the lake and I thought the color on its back was purplish.

Today, the presumably same pale brown bird with pale bill was swimming amongst the 40+ coots and the color on its back in the light (such as it is) is a darker brown than the rest of its body.  So I have amended my list to reflect a juvenile coot.

No sighting of the strange duck.  The 3 Canvasback and 1 Wigeon continue.  No ruddy ducks.