Re: Eurasian Wigeons in Pt. Pinole

Alexander Henry

I am always hesitant to call a female Wigeon a Eurasian Wigeon without seeing the upperwing greater secondary covert pattern, the most objective and definitive way to tell them apart.

On Saturday, January 2, 2021, ireddy via groups.io <ireddy=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
[Edited Message Follows]

Hello Everyone and Happy New-Year,
I went to Pt. Pinole today and found a couple of Eurasian Wigeons hanging out with a large group of American Wigeons. It was my first time seeing them close. I am quite sure about the male ID but less about the female. Please review photos to confirm ID. I think they have been observed before in November 2020, but just wanted to put it out there for anyone interested. They were on the left hand side of the Point Pinole Pier, close to the trail.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S78510165
Isabelle

--
Alex Henry