Re: Albany Mudflats DUCKS

Joe Morlan

Robbie Fischer and I visited the Albany mudflats yesterday afternoon but
did not see the hybrid. We did see at least two EURASIAN WIGEONS, one
female and one adult male.

Photos:
https://macaulaylibrary.org/catalog?taxonCode=eurwig&view=Grid&subId=S77166330

I'm not sure if these are the same three reported by Alexander Henry.
Anybody else notice the female?

There was another wigeon that might be a molting immature male Eurasian
Wigeon or possibly a hybrid with American Wigeon. I'm on the fence on this
one and would be interested in any opinions.

Photos: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/66259930

Earlier we visited the Emeryville Marina where we were surprised to see a
very cooperative female BARROW'S GOLDENEYE.

Photos:
https://macaulaylibrary.org/catalog?taxonCode=bargol&view=Grid&subId=S77166318

Stay well!
--
Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA
"It turns out we're very good at not seeing things" - Jack Hitt