Hooded Merganser concentration in Alameda

Derek

I had a personal high count of 15 Hooded Mergansers (14 squeezed into one photo) yesterday afternoon in the lagoon off Harbor Bay Parkway just south of the Harbor Bay Ferry Terminal.  This location has been reliable for Hoodies for a few years now, but the population seems to have exploded from the usual less than handful.

Interestingly, that personal high lasted only one day as I saw 24 today on the Yuba River in Yolo County.   I doubt if this trend will continue another day.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S76890079

Derek Heins