Eastern Phoebe continues, Martinez Regional Shoreline Park

tracy_farrington

After completing a loop through some trails in Martinez Shoreline Park,
I paused for a few minutes before heading to my car. That little interval
paid off. I spotted the Eastern Phoebe as it flew to a low branch on the
small tree next to the picnic table just west of the end of Berrellesa St.

The bird was quite busy hawking insects in the grass beneath the tree; flying
back to its perch, tail bobbing, then returning to the ground. This continued
for at least 6 to 10 minutes allowing for excellent views, throughout.

During my walk, prior to finding the phoebe, I spotted 4 Common Yellowthroat Warblers,
a Lincoln's Sparrow, a Red-breasted Sapsucker on a conifer in the distance, 6 Marsh Wrens,
both crown sparrows (numerous), a Sora, and an exquisite silver-gray male Northern Harrier

The weather was cool and pleasant.

Good birding, stay well.
Tracy Farrington