Great Blue Heron white morph!

Stephen T Bird

Thanks to all those with responses to my driving to Portland email.

On the way stopped through Colusa NWR and saw the described bird on the road up to the photography booth (I was on the main route, after the first right once you’re really in the refuge, so was too far for a good photo with that I have with me).

Very heavy Aredea, bulk in neck and very heavy bill, Pale yellow under Bill with Gray-greenish upper, Buffy Gray yellow legs.

As this is my first white morph, how uncommon are they in Sac valley?

Also at least two Eurasian Wigeons with a photographer promising me he’d seen a few more at the first pond.

Stephen