From: EBB-Sightings@groups.io <EBB-Sightings@groups.io> On Behalf Of ireddy via groups.io
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 9:10 AM
To: EBB-Sightings@groups.io
Subject: [EBB-Sightings] American Bittern

Hello,
On Saturday, an American Bittern flew by me and then landed on the bank across from where I was. I could observe it for 15/20 minutes in the open. It mostly snapped loudly at insects passing by and then proceeded to walk a bit across the grass. It was my first sighting of this bird. I wonder how common it is in the East Bay. The sighting was in Livermore (see ebird checklist). Would love to get some feedback.
Thank you.
Isabelle

https://ebird.org/checklist/S75002520