Blue Grosbeaks - Eastern Contra Costa County - 6/17

Paul Schorr

Today during a late morning/mid-day outing to Eastern Contra Costa County, Nancy and I car-birded Jersey Island Road and Bethel Island Road. Along Jersey Island Road and within one mile of the Bradford Island Ferry, we spotted several Blue Grosbeaks that included two males and one female. The birds were seen along the fence line near the large stands of blackberry bushes. At the end of Bethel Island Road, we spotted a Hooded Oriole, a year bird finally.

Following, is a complete list of birds seen:

American White Pelican (25+)
Great Egret
Turkey Vulture
Northern Harrier