Re: Baby turkeys at Morcom Rose Garden

Hilary Powers

On 5/20/2020 12:30 PM, Kate Hoffman wrote:
... When the crow came too close, a hen rushed him and forced him (temporarily) away. Do crows eat ambulatory baby turkeys?
Dunno, but a crow will try it on with pretty much anything. I saw one make a spirited attempt at a Green Heron the other day, flying up and dropping down, only to sheer off when the heron's spike of a beak popped up about 3 feet to meet it. Tried several times before giving up. Might just have been hassle and devilment, of course, but I'm sure that if it had managed to turn heron into calories, it would have taken advantage.

--
~ Hilary Powers - Hilary@... - Oakland CA ~
~ www.salamanderfeltworks.com; www.Etsy.com/shop/SalamanderFeltworks ~