Re: Western Sandpiper with red flag band photographed on April 10

Ben Pearl

Hi again,

Thanks to those of you who responded thus far.  To clarify, Monica Iglecia did not take the picture, and does not know who took it.  She reposted it in the Western Hemisphere Shorebird Group, and that is how the Mexican researcher learned about it and eventually contacted us.

Thanks all!

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 11:44 AM Ben Pearl <bpearl@...> wrote:
Hello all,

We were recently contacted by Mexican researchers regarding a Western Sandpiper that they had banded with a red field-readable flag band.  They were alerted to a single photograph on Facebook (click to view the photo), which was reportedly taken somewhere in the San Francisco Bay estuary.

They would like to know more about the location and obtain more photos, but unfortunately they don't know who took the picture.  If anyone knows more about this, please let us know so that we can connect you with the researchers.  Thanks!

Good birding,
Ben

--
Ben Pearl