barn owl(s) at Cesar Chavez

Nancy Van House

May have been reported here but don't see a recent report on eBird so people may not know about this. Was walking (properly distancing) at Cesar Chavez yesterday when someone, seeing my binoculars, told me where to find a barn owl which he said had 5 fledglings. With binoculars and patience,  I could see one fledgling periodically visible deep in the nest box.  Was going to head back for pictures today but it's been so dark all day, will wait for a brighter day.

Which nest box: at north end, first box west of burrowing owl area.  About 10 feet east of a sign saying dogs must be on leash.