Birding on Walks

Graham Chisholm

Being home more, and limiting walks to my neighborhood means that I am seeing birds I won't normally see or hear close to home, it is also easier to hear birds with less urban noise along the Gilman corridor.

Highlights have been:

Overflights by calling Willets and Wigeon (presumably American) in Albany along San Carlos (corner of Portland) at 9:45 pm Wednesday;

White-tailed Kite around Posen/Colusa and the King School track on two occasions;

Eurasian Collared-Dove calling for my first time at Gilman/Peralta in Berkeley;

Overflights by Great Egret, Double-crested Cormorant and Mallard at Gilman/Peralta in Berkeley

All the best to all,

Graham Chisholm
Berkeley

--