Exciting birds

Susana dT

I found a chicken in my freezer! This is a very good find considering the shelter in place, good save from going to the store.
Another exciting bird: the Swainson's Hawks are back. I went to Jersey Island, Contra Costa Co. I drove on Jersey Is. Rd. and by the Taylor Slough where I saw the Swainson's and a juvenile Bald Eagle landing with prey. It worked on it for at least 45 mins while patient Turkey Vultures waited for the left overs. I made a brief stop at Marsh Creek Regional Trail at Monet Dr, Oakley and spotted an Osprey with fish in its talons flying high. Pretty good car birding on a chilly windy day.
Photos and video here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/166553264@N04/albums/72157713640408956
Susana