Re: Weird sapsucker

Mark Stephenson

Yes! This is a Red-breasted hybrid with red-nape Sapsucker.
Happy Birding,
Mark & Lucas Stephenson

On Sunday, March 22, 2020, 7:54 PM, Philip Georgakakos <pgeorgakakos3@...> wrote:

Whoops, here is the iNaturalist link: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/40565344

On Mar 22, 2020, at 7:02 PM, Philip Georgakakos <pgeorgakakos3@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Below is a link to the an iNaturalist observation with pics of a strange sapsucker Teale Fristoe and I saw off Black Point Trail at Mitchel Canyon SP, yesterday. Any help with the ID would be appreciated. We also detected 18 Orange-crowned Warblers, they were foraging and singing vigorously. Other migrants a bit slow.

Also, follow up on Mountain View cemetery, on a run today I saw some Cliff Swallows and a Wilson’s Warbler. The migrants are coming!

Phil Georgakakos
Oakland