Re: Shelter in Place --

Graham Chisholm

Derk Heins shared a copy of the order which allows exercise as long as you use social distance.  Graham

For purposes of this Order, individuals may leave their residence only to perform any of the following “Essential Activities.” But people at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 and people who are sick are urged to stay in their residence to the extent possible except as necessary to seek medical care. i. To engage in activities or perform tasks essential to their health and safety, or to the health and safety of their family or household members (including, but not limited to, pets), such as, by way of example only and without limitation, obtaining medical supplies or medication, visiting a health care professional, or obtaining supplies they need to work from home. ii. To obtain necessary services or supplies for themselves and their family or household members, or to deliver those services or supplies to others, such as, by way of example only and without limitation, canned food, dry goods, fresh fruits and vegetables, pet supply, fresh meats, fish, and poultry, and any other household consumer products, and products necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences. Order of the County Health Officer to Shelter in Place Page 4 of 7 iii. To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements as defined in this Section, such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking, or running. iv. To perform work providing essential products and services at an Essential Business or to otherwise carry out activities specifically permitted in this Order, including Minimum Basic Operations. v. To care for a family member or pet in another household

On Mar 16, 2020, at 4:35 PM, Steve Taylor <s-taylor@...> wrote:

It’s my understanding we can go outside to exercise provided we go alone????

On Mar 16, 2020, at 3:58 PM, Graham Chisholm <graham.chisholm@...> wrote:

While starting my sheltering in place this afternoon, I had 3 tan-striped White-throated Sparrows in our yard near San Carlos and Portland Ave in Albany.  We've had at least two all winter since 11/22/19, and only seen the third one one other time in December.

Fortunately there is lots of good birding out our windows for the coming three weeks and I wish all well.  Stay healthy!

Graham Chisholm
Berkeley, CA

--
Graham Chisholm