Re: Second-hand Weirdness

Hilary Powers

On 3/16/2020 2:52 PM, Bob Hislop wrote:
Do you remember what the color of the beak was??

Not for sure. Pretty sure he said "not that color" or somesuch when I tried Sibley's pics of Mynas - but that was when he said the legs were black.

Asking him via bcc - maybe he'll chime in.

----- Original Message -----
From: Hilary Powers <hilary@...>
To: EBB-Sightings@groups.io
Sent: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 17:41:35 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [EBB-Sightings] Second-hand Weirdness

What bird is black, sort of crow-sized, and shows white feathers along
the edges of its wings when it flies? Has black legs. Bigger than a
pigeon. No crest.

Yeah. I can't think of any either.

But a mostly bird-blind friend swore up and down that he saw three of
them near Berkeley Bowl (the old one, near Shattuck) yesterday. Said he
thought crows, or maybe ravens, till they flew; figured the first one to
take off was just elderly (yah, I know), but then all three showed the
same markings - "like a dagged edge" on the wing. White, or maybe light
gray....

Google Images didn't ring any bells for me this morning.

Speculation to while away a solitary Monday?

--
~            Hilary Powers - Hilary@... - Oakland CA          ~
~  www.salamanderfeltworks.com; www.Etsy.com/shop/SalamanderFeltworks ~