Richmond and Miller Knox

Sheila Dickie

The White-throated Sparrow reported a couple of months ago is still in my garden and was seen this morning, February 8, in the company of White-crowned Sparrows. It typically likes to perch atop my holly tree. Location 29th Street & Roosevelt, Richmond.

Yesterday at Miller Knox Regional Shoreline Park in Richmond one Eurasian Wigeon was on the lagoon in the company of well over one hundred American Wigeon and assorted ducks. Two Black-crowned Night Herons were on the lagoon island, one adult and one juvenile. Also, one Allen's Hummingbird was briefly seen atop a Eucalyptus Tree near the restrooms at the North End of the park.

Sheila Dickie
Richmond