Re: Bl&Wh Warbler photos

Alan Howe

The black & white is in the trees right by the back of Alta Bates acting
like a nuthatch. Wait—now he’s in front of 2999 Tegent.

On Thursday, November 7, 2019, Alan Howe via Groups.Io <adhowe=
gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

The black & white was nowhere to be seen by 1:30 or so. I stuck around
quite a while with a couple of other birders, but he was a no show. There
were yellow-rumped & Townsend's, juncos, ruby crowned kinglets, & a few
others, but no black & white.

1 of the other birders *did* find a red-bellied sapsucker in a tree next on
the side medical office building across from Alta Bates. He had some fresh
holes in the bark & was awaiting sap &/or bugs. In spite of being watched,
he stayed on the same trunk for over an hour.

Tomorrow is another day...

Alan Howe

North Oakland

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:28 PM Mark Rauzon via Groups.Io <mjrauz=
aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks to Sharon Jue for finding the Black and White Warbler. Today she
was accommodating at 10:30 as the fog was burning off, and very many
birds
were present including the pretty female. I took some close shots of the
bird at eye level that I would like to share. Aphids on the main
trees across from 2999 Regent St, Berkeley, is a draw that they keep
coming
back to.
https://rauzon.zenfolio.com/p859914566/slideshow#hdc3c804a
Happy birding. Mark