Re: Brewer's Sparrow this morning -- West County Landfill, loop trail

C Lou

Sunday. Brewers Sparrow continues at 37.961662, -122.389802.Also seen at original spot at corner by bench.The bird was refound by Jim Chiropolus and Derek Hines. Plus I think Jim. 1130am or so.It took me till 100pm to refind bird after they called me back. Last seen near interpretative sign.Calvin LouSFSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: Phred Benham <phbenham@...> Date: 10/12/19 1:09 PM (GMT-08:00) To: EBB-Sightings@groups.io Subject: [EBB-Sightings] Brewer's Sparrow this morning -- West County Landfill, loop trail Hi all,This morning I had a Brewer’s Sparrow along the landfill loop trail. Just past a green info sign for “garbage mountain”, roughly here: 37.961710, -122.389530The sparrow was working the fennel on both sides of the trail with a few white-crowned and song sparrows. The last I saw the bird it had gone into a larger patch of fennel.Big numbers of shovelers were in the pond and my first of fall Green-winged Teal, Bufflehead, and Cinnamon Teal. There was also a late Red-necked Phalarope on the pond.Photos of sparrow in the eBird checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60558397Good birding,Phred BenhamPt. Richmond, CAPhred M. BenhamNSF Postdoctoral FellowMuseum of Vertebrate ZoologyUniversity of California, Berkeley