Brewer's Sparrow this morning -- West County Landfill, loop trail

Phred Benham

Hi all,
This morning I had a Brewer’s Sparrow along the landfill loop trail. Just past a green info sign for “garbage mountain”, roughly here: 37.961710, -122.389530
The sparrow was working the fennel on both sides of the trail with a few white-crowned and song sparrows. The last I saw the bird it had gone into a larger patch of fennel.

Big numbers of shovelers were in the pond and my first of fall Green-winged Teal, Bufflehead, and Cinnamon Teal. There was also a late Red-necked Phalarope on the pond.

Photos of sparrow in the eBird checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60558397

Good birding,
Phred Benham
Pt. Richmond, CA