Lake Elizabeth mini fallout

scflef@...

This morning, Park Ranger Sandy Ferreira (the least "retired" retired person I know) and I led an Ohlone Audubon field trip to Lake Elizabeth in Fremont's Central Park. We spent about two hours under the trees by the Babbling Brook near the Redwood Group picnic area (by the footbridge). Last week many FOS Yellow Warblers were seen here. Today we saw just two, but we were treated to dozens of FOS Yellow-Rumped Warblers, FOS Ruby-Crowned Kinglets, Orange-Crowned Warbler, Black-Throated Gray Warbler, Warbling Vireo and more. Sandy runs the bluebird (and swallow) nest box program at the lake and was delighted to find 13 Western Bluebirds on the lawn. We lost count of the Anna's Hummingbirds curiously hovering over our heads. The birding activity was so great that we never did go for a walk. One can just sit on a park bench and enjoy the show.

Stephanie Floyd
Fremont