Re: Semipalmated Sandpiper / Little Stint at Richmond wtp

Mark Stephenson

We were birding with Ethan Monk when he spotted a small peep at the Richmond WTP with the characteristics of either a Semipalmated Sandpiper or Little Stint. At first we were leaning towards Semipalmated but after scope views and studying our photos we think it may possibly be a Little Stint. From our photos the bird has a slight primary projection, and the thin bill has a slight decurvature.Hopefully more folks can see and photograph to help us solidify the ID. Happy Birding,Mark & Lucas Stephenson

On Sunday, September 1, 2019, 12:23 PM, Ethan Monk via Groups.Io <z.querula=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

It appears my first message didn’t send—sorry if it did, here it is again... In 4 ponds nearest to road. Alone with no other peeps, occasionally with killdeer. Photos later. Short bill, no rufous on scaps, etc. Still exploring possibility of Little Stint but I find that very, very unlikely.

Ethan Monk