Good godwit at Franks Dump

Noah Arthur

The unusual godwit that was reported with distant photos on Facebook yesterday, was back in Franks Dump this evening along with hundreds of Marbled and Willets. It’s definitely one of the exotic ones and looks to me like the same Bar-tailed that’s been kicking around the Bay Area the last few falls. However, I know next to nothing about distinguishing one rare godwit from another, and some people commented on the original FB post saying they thought it didn’t look like a Bar. I put it in ebird as such bUt will edit if needed...
Also present were TWO (yes two) PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVERS.
Good shorebirding!
Noah Arthur (Oakland)