I saw it and it was all over eBird and Ebb for a little while. Have pics and videos too.

Becky Flanigan, Oakland

Sent from iPhone. Please excuse typos and grammatical errors!

On Aug 21, 2019, at 10:16 PM, Mike Feighner <feinerVogel94551@...> wrote:

Who in the world has ever spotted a Blue-Gray Tanager in Alameda County? None I know of.

--
Mike Feighner
Livermore, California, Alameda County

http://www.linkedIn.com/in/michaelfeighner
--
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde

-----Original Message-----
From: EBB-Sightings@groups.io <EBB-Sightings@groups.io> On Behalf Of Frank Fogarty
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 5:52 PM
To: Dave Weber <dwbirdster@...>
Cc: ebb-sightings@groups.io
Subject: Re: [EBB-Sightings] Is Blue-gray Tanager Extirpated from Ebird?

eBird protocol for most introduced species (with a handful of exceptions) is for reviewers to invalidate the record with the flag "introduced/exotic". This removes the records from all public output, including maps, but they are still present in the dataset and visible on the individual checklists. I've heard that the rationale for this protocol is to reduce the clutter of introduced species on bar charts, although that seems pretty trivial and I'd like to see introduced species included in public output.

If anyone is interested in analyzing records of a specific introduced species, it's relatively easy to get these invalidated records in the eBird Basic Dataset download.

Good birding,

Frank Fogarty
Arcata/Oakland

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 5:46 PM Dave Weber <dwbirdster@...> wrote:

When viewing all of my photos in Ebird, I noticed that Blue-gray
Tanager is missing. This is the bird seen at Sycamore Grove
Park/Arroyo Entrance this year.

I found the following:

It appears on my single checklist with the photos.

It appears on my county list.

It does not appear on the full county checklist.

I cannot find anyone's photos of the bird, ie the search returns no result.

Other exotics still appear on the county list.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Dave Weber,

Milpitas