Black Skimmer at Waterbird Regional Preserve continued

Alan Bade

Thanks to Albert Linkowski for the tip on the Black skimmer at Waterbird Regional Preserve! We went this morning and saw it as well. It was still at the southern tip of the large grassy island, at the northern end of the marsh. Best seen from the parking lot for the Preserve. It was among a group of cormorants, Black necked stilts, and two Caspian terns. Fortunately, Hugh showed up as well, so we could see it through his scope! It was too long of a stretch for 10x42 binoculars.
--Alan Bade