Re: Golden Gate Audubon Society First Friday Birdwalk, August 2, 2019, Tilden Nature Area

George A Suennen

Alan,

Thanks for leading another birdwalk.  I enjoyed it at usual.  I added 3 birds to the checklist, the Wilson's Warbler, Double-crested Cormorant, and Caspian Tern.

I posted my photos at https://birds.avianist.com/2019/190802-Jewel-Lake <https://birds.avianist.com/2019/190802-Jewel-Lake/menu.php?menu_num=2>

Best Regards,
George
http://birds.avianist.com

On 8/7/2019 8:05 PM, Alan Kaplan wrote:
Tilden Nature Area, Contra Costa, California, US
Aug 2, 2019 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM

Golden Gate Audubon Society First Friday Birdwalk, Tilden Nature Area, Berkeley, CA. A walk to Jewel Lake by the road and back by the lower Pack Rat Trail. Bird o'the Day was White-throated Swift, though 6 juvenile Dark-eyed Juncos were pretty cute! Thanks to Honored Guests Denise Wight and Dave Quady for attending.

Here are the 28 species seen by 31 birders:

Wild Turkey 12
Band-tailed Pigeon 2
Mourning Dove 1
White-throated Swift 3