Continuing Harlequin duck McClure's beach, Pt Reyes

Alan Bade

Hello birders- Today we saw a female Harlequin duck on the rocks at the southern end of McClure's beach on Pt Reyes. It was just contentedly sitting on the rocks and would occasionally preen and fluff it's feathers. We also had 3 Black Oystercatchers, along with a peregrine flying overhead. The harlequin duck is a continuing bird. I'd like to thank Susana deTrapaga for letting us know about it, and the Black Oystercatchers! Ebird list here; https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58385662

Good birding, Alan Bade
Pleasant Hill, CA