Re: SANDWICH TERN continues at Hayward Shoreline

Bob Toleno

The bird just left the island and flew past us toward the bay, presumably
to feed. Good luck to anyone who tries! We also saw a Laughing Gull in
transitional plumage on the tern pond, probably the same individual that
has been seen the past three years around this time.

Bob Toleno
Hayward

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 10:31 AM Bob Toleno <@birdnerdbob> wrote:

Currently giving distant but diagnostic views from the Least Tern sign for
Juli Chamberlin, Jerry Ting, Bob Dunn, and me. It's preening on the front
of the island in the northeast part of the main tern pond. Black legs, long
black bill with a pale yellow tip. North American lifer for Juli and me!

Bob Toleno
Hayward