GGAS First Friday Birdwalk, June 7 2019, Tilden Nature Area

Alan Kaplan

Friends!

Golden Gate Audubon Society First Friday Birdwalk
Tilden Nature Area, Contra Costa County, California, US
Jun 7, 2019, 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM

Golden Gate Audubon Society First Friday Birdwalk, June 7, 2019, Tilden Nature Area, a walk to Jewel Lake and back again. Today's theme was "Summer Complaints" (a "Mash Goes to Maine" reference), those birds that are our summer visitors, where they come from and when they arrive. Party of 38 observers included Honored Guest, Dave Quady, one of our long-time leaders and Christmas Count organizers. We saw 31 species; highlights were

American White Pelican (8) flying south parallel to the Berkeley Hills.
Nesting Warbling Vireo. See photo at eBird checklist listed below, thanks to Lee Friedman.
Olive-sided Flycatchers (at least 5) and Swainson’s Thrush (at least 5).

Details on Summer Visitors arrival dates and overwintering sites at the checklist.

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S57248717

Best of Birds!
Alan Kaplan