Jean Richmond in memoriam

rosita94598

Bob Richmond phoned us this morning to say that his mom, Jean Richmond, passed away last night.  For many years now, Jean knew that I would introduce her as the world famous author of the 1985 book, Birding Northern California.  It would bring a chuckle to her to hear it.  She was 92 years old and was predeceased by her husband, Morland, better known to the world as Rich.
Jean's involvement with the Mt. Diablo Audubon Society is generally well known.  In the late 70s and the 80s, she was the editor of our newsletter, The Quail, for 10 years.

Hugh B. HarveyWalnut Creek