Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Kay Loughman

For the *tenth* year since 1997, we've had a Rose-breasted Grosbeak visit our feeders!  Likely some of the sightings, as in consecutive years, were of the same bird - no way to know.  Mostly it's been males, but in at least two years there was also a female. Our yard has for decades been "grosbeak central", and we have several pairs of Black-headed Grosbeaks visiting our feeders again this year.  This morning's special guest was here only briefly before he was chased off by one of our highly territorial scrub-jays.    Fortunately, my camera was close by.  See a few photos <http://www.nhwildlife.net/album/New/slides/RBGR-8010c-72.html> here.

Kay Loughman
in the hills on the Berkeley-Oakland border
Note new email address: kayloughman@...