New family in town

rosita94598

While sitting upstairs after returning from Heather Farm Park in Walnut Creek, I heard the quiet sound of a baby bird in our patio.  We have been having the baby Juncos come to collect seeds, and I thought this was what I might be hearing.

But I went downstairs anyway to look out the window.  We had three California Towhees, not the occasional two, and one was being fed.  The fledgling has very faint streaks on the breast, but looks mostly like an adult.  Not a first for us, but still exciting and fun to see.
Hugh B. HarveyWalnut Creek