Update on birds nesting in Hercules

Susana dT

Hooded Orioles are nesting in a palm tree across the street from our house. The nest is not visible but I see them getting into the tree canopy.
The male escorts the female while she collects nesting material and follows her when she leaves.
My indoor cat Puffy is trying to vindicate his species by offering his nice long wool to the birds, here is a video of female collecting it. https://www.flickr.com/photos/166553264@N04/32713283217/in/dateposted-public/
Photo of Puffy here (sorry, couldn’t help it):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/166553264@N04/46740280295/in/dateposted-public/

There is also an American Kestrel couple nesting, second season in a row. The male has been catching blue tailed skinks. He does a victory lap around the neighborhood vocalizing with pray in his talons pretty much every time he gets one. Here is the link showing him eating:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/166553264@N04/47655839201/in/dateposted-public/

White tailed kites are incubating.