Brushy Peak - Meadowlarks and others

Mike Shannon

Took a hike today up the west side loop at Brushy Peak and spotted numerous Meadowlarks sitting on the fence posts. Watched a beautiful red tailed hawk hunting at the top of this trail. Also, many red winged blackbirds, a few Scrub Jays and at least one song sparrow. There was a Northern Harrier up there as well and we saw him again (or his twin) down at the bottom.The highlight was a Burrowing Owl sitting at his burrow, watching us watch him.Mike ShannonCastro ValleySent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone