Bullock's Oriole arrival, Castle Rock Regional Park, Walnut Creek

tracy_farrington

I was birding, this morning, with Paul and Nancy Schorr in Castle Rock Regional Park when we discovered two
bright male BULLOCK'S ORIOLES. The first was in one of the Locust trees just west of the basketball court that's adjacent to the
restrooms in the pool area; the other was in an oak about two hundred yards up the canyon road from there. It's March 24 and
these are, I believe, first of the season for this area. In any given year, I've counted as many as five nesting pair in a stretch of less than a mile
from the pool.
Good birding.
Tracy Farrington