Mute Swan, McNabney Marsh

photohutch

Birders,

While I was driving north on 680 yesterday, I notice several large white birds hanging out in McNabney Marsh. Most were the relatively common American White Pelicans, but one bird was by itself. As I sped past, I clearly noticed upswept wings and a black knob on it's bill. Clearly not a pelican, and definitely a Mute Swan. Quite surprising, so I checked on eBird. Apparently it's been there since at least Saturday. One was reported at Shollenberger on Saturday, as well. Didn't realize they are beginning to hang out in our area.

Happy birding!

Steve Hutchcraft
Alamo, CA