Harris Sparrow, Tropical KB Mar 18

Dave Weber

Visited Castle Rock Rec Area and Heather Farms today. Met up with Don Pendleton at Castle Rock. At least 50 Golden-crowned Sparrows were at the north end of the baseball field near the pool restrooms but no Harris’s. While Don went back to his car (someone has to leave!) I found the Harris’s Sparrow skulking in dense undergrowth behind the fence in the Caste Trees Picnic area at 1 pm. Don returned and was able to see it. We then went to Heather Farms for the Tropical Kingbird which has been absent on my last several attempts. We saw it while we were walking on the west side. It was on the east side flying between trees north of the observation deck.

Dave Weber,

Milpitas