Orange-crowned Warbler

Johan Langewis

I spent about 3 hours at Valle Vista in Moraga today, saw/heard 59 species. Included was a single Orange-crowned Warbler feeding on the white blossoms of a fruit (wild plum?) tree near the trail leading up to the bridge. FOS for me. Also seen was a Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon’s) molting into breeding plumage. A Lincoln’s Sparrow was seen near the horse corral shed, in the brush on the lake side of the trail. Other highlights were 6 Wood Ducks and 11 Common Mergansers. All of the mergansers were female. Complete list on eBird.

Johan Langewis
Oakland